Why Heavenly Hospice & Home Care
We appreciate that families and their situations are each unique. We care for our patients and support their caregivers as if they were our own families, and sometimes they really are.
We have been able to benefit from the expert advice and education from JCAHO http://www.jointcommission.org on quality improvement.
We are Oklahoma family owned and operated; we are not under the umbrella of a large corporation and are able to direct our funds to patient/family care and to our excellent staff.
Our staff has many years of hospice experience.
Our staff uses updated technology and is fully electronic with record keeping. We use ipads in the home, to access and update patient information immediately and share only with our team. Data is collected in a web based software, complete with electronic signature and geographic location system and is HIPAA compliant. We also use Microsoft Lync 2010 on our cell phones and computers to ensure that our communications regarding patient status remains HIPAA compliant as well.
- We celebrate life by hosting birthday parties for our patients.
- Our service areas cover more rural towns than many hospices.
- We offer pet visits.
- Our staff members even volunteer their personal time, providing other services for families such as haircuts, lawn care, licensed massage therapy, house cleaning and shopping.
- Our staff serves to assist, not replace, other attending health care professionals and primary caregivers by providing extra hands, eyes, ears, and hearts.
- Our nurses visit the patient as often as needed and make arrangements for medications and medical equipment.
- Our social workers address financial, legal, and emotional issues, help the family decide if a hospice volunteer is needed, and connect caregivers and patients to many other types of support.
- Our hospice chaplains are able to provide grief support to the patient’s family as needed. If their minister is unavailable, or if the family has not made advance arrangements, our chaplain is able to officiate the patient’s funeral in a meaningful way.
- We acknowledge that hospice Medicare benefits provide for 4 levels of care ranging from routine care to continuous care, and we ensure that as a patient’s needs increase, so does our presence of support in the family’s life.
- We have volunteers! Our patient care volunteers can offer breaks for caregivers or patient companionship. We offer arts and crafts and other special things that may make a patient’s day more full and interesting. We provide many community outreach volunteer opportunities for student volunteers from the University of Oklahoma and Mid America Christian University.